- St George’s is the main parish church of Beckenham, which lies at the south-east corner of Greater London, with fast travel links to Central London and easy access to rural Kent.
- The Parish Church choir sings some 70 Sunday services a year at St George’s and a number of weekday services. Other commitments include broadcasts and recordings for the BBC, overseas tours and typically 20 services a year in Cathedrals. Overseas tours have included New York, Washington, California, Ireland, Belgium, Latvia and Estonia.
- The choir’s repertoire ranges widely from plainsong and Tudor polyphony through to nineteenth century and contemporary works.
- The four manual organ incorporates much of the original 1887 Forster and Andrews pipe work; the specification may be viewed in The National Pipe Organ Register here
The Choral Foundation has six trustees:
- Canon Derek Carpenter (Chairman) is a former Rector of St George’s Parish Church Beckenham and is now Honorary Assistant Priest at St James The Great East Malling.
- Paul Bonter (Treasurer) is a member of the St George’s choir and has worked for two other charities.
- Fr Jeremy Blunden is the Rector of St George’s Parish Church Beckenham.
- Dr Harry Bramma is a former Director of the Royal School of Church Music.
- Joan Conway is a Reader at St George’s Parish Church, Beckenham.
- Christopher Perkins
- Simon Sundermann – Principal of Bromley Youth Music Trust
Friends of Cathedral Music
The Choral Foundation greatly appreciates the generosity of over 60 Patrons and individual donors, together with the support of the Friends of Cathedral Music who in 2016 provided a grant of £25,000 to fund Choral Scholars in addition to the initial grant of £10,000 made when the St George’s Choral Foundation was set up.