The earliest recorded burial in the church yard is of Rev William Daynell (or Masham or Malham) who was rector 1447 – 1458. His grave cannot now be found but a memorial brass (the oldest in the church: 1458) may be seen in the Lady Chapel and he is recorded on the list of Rectors. There are three other monuments dating prior to 1619: the brasses to Sir Humphrey Style and his two wives and several children; Dame Margaret Damsell; Ellen Berney (Dame Margaret’s sister).
A very interesting memorial is on the south aisle near the transept. It is made of dark stone and commemorates Sir Humphrey Style’s grandson, also Sir Humphrey, who died in 1659.
Many of the names on memorials may seem familiar. Areas, roads, parks, a city, schools have been named after the families that lived in Beckenham.
The fourteen Stations of the Cross were carved in Oberammergau. The sequence begins in the north transept near the vestry door and continues round the church finishing outside the Lady Chapel.
The Paschal Candle Stick, which usually stands near the font, was designed by Thomas Freeth to match the candle sticks and cross in the sanctuary.