The St Georges Walkers Group meets four times a year for a walk somewhere in Bromley borough or within easy travelling distance of Beckenham.
Some walks are level and others more ‘up and down’ requiring a higher level of activity; we usually end up in a pub or restaurant for refreshment.
The walks originated during the interegnum in 2014 and have continued ever since. The aim is for a great sense of community, fellowship and caring between the walkers and to build up, develop and support each other.
The walk dates are planned in January for the whole year and next walk date can be found on the Upcoming Events Page
Some thoughts to provoke you as you walk:
- Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
- Try not to become a man[sic] of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
- Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- A man[sic] should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
And finally, perhaps ironically,
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
And – who said these things? But perchance you will be talking with your neighbour walker!
For more information about the Walkers Group, please enquire by getting in touch!